An outstanding employer located in County Dublin is actively seeking a Assistant Director of Nursing – Education Services Manager.
Hollilander Recruitment is a healthcare staffing solution company that specialises in finding nurses and healthcare assistants for private hospitals and nursing homes. We currently recruiting for a renowned company within County Dublin.
Job Title: Assistant Director of Nursing
Reports to: Director of Nursing
The Key Working Relationships: Nursing Departments, Patient Services, Consultant Secretaries, Medical/Surgical and Healthcare Professionals.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Please note qualifications, experience & competencies that are required:
- Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by NMBI
- Have at least 7 years post-registration nursing experience.
- Have the right to work in Ireland (only essential for non-EU candidates)
- Candidates coming from overseas are required to hold the score of 7 and above across all four bands in their OET/IELTS, this is essential.
- Willing to relocate to Dublin is essential.
- Recognised postgraduate qualification in management.
- Previous management experience essential.
- Possess well-developed leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Orthopaedic experience is desirable.
Job Specification of Assistant Director of Nursing:
This role will:
- Provide professional leadership to all nursing staff fostering a culture which values continuing professional development and strives for excellence in the delivery of patient care and quality improvement.
- Ensures a culture of nursing leadership, development, innovation and living the hospital values is embedded and promoted across the organisation and acts as a professional role model for all nurses at all times.
- Work with current ADON to Implement, coordinate and sustain quality improvement initiatives across the Nursing Department. Provide continuous improvement recommendations to the Director of Nursing and wider executive team where necessary.
- Work closely with Quality Department on audits and JCI surveys.
- Works collaboratively with other professional leads in developing a culture which embeds clinical quality and patient safety, and monitors its effectiveness to ensure continuous improvement.
- Builds an environment of excellence and innovation that empowers nurses to be active participants in the multidisciplinary team.
- Responds to the direction/lead of the Director of Nursing and works in collaboration with her on all professional nursing issues impacting patient flow and workforce planning across the hospital as required.
- Know who the key influencers are and how to go about involving them to shape and deliver change initiatives.
- Leads and guides Practice Development in SCC working with Nurse Managers.
- Support and evaluate nursing practice and nursing practice development issues/initiatives across SSC.
- Promotes quality improvement and lean initiatives while promoting quality patient care and best practice through all its initiatives.
- Asses learning needs of all areas and drive and embed a culture of practice development through various committees / working groups.
- Promote in house lunch and learn sessions.
- Be the point of contact for our established student nurse Program promoting SSC as a favoured employer for New Grads.
- Liaise with Cappagh on our established Orthopaedic and Diploma course for SSC staff facilitating a more knowledge work force.
- Support Clinical managers in scheduling staff for mandatory training sessions provided in SSC to improve attendance levels.
- Create and maintain an environment conducive to evidence based teaching, learning and practice.
- Identify and utilise teaching, learning and practice opportunities in the clinical setting and encourage problem based learning strategies based on patient care needs.
- Update and review the SSC Induction/Orientation Training /Adaptation Programmes, Continuing Education Programmes and Post Graduate Nursing Programmes as appropriate.
- Ensure each Department has up to date trained Preceptors.
- Provide leadership support to PAC/CSSD managers.
- Support annual leave cover in Nursing Admin Department.
- Maintain a high level of staff morale, promoting good communication, team spirit and job satisfaction among members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure that staff nurses are effectively supported with annual reviews and the development of personal development plans and that Mangers have the education and training to carry out these annual reviews.
- Adhere to all SSC policies.
- Evaluate the systems of nursing care delivery and recommend changes in nursing procedures, practices and policies in order to reflect an evidence-based practice approach to service delivery working closely with DON/ADON
- Contribute to relevant committees and working groups as requested by Director of Nursing.
- Act as an agent of change throughout the organisation to enable the organisation to grow and develop its services.
- Contribute to investigation of adverse occurrences, medication incidents and patient complaints with accountability for drafting responses and implementing corrective action and preventative actions.
- Participate, lead and assist with the delivery of Quality improvement and cost reduction and transforming nursing care in line with best practice.
- Ensure the clinical areas are provided with advice and information required to formulate policies, decide priorities, set and achieve objectives and monitor progress in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Managers, Assistant Directors of Nursing and Director of Nursing Review the organisation plan within your remit of responsibility and establishment levels and ensure that each is consistent with achieving objectives and recommend change where appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time