We are actively hiring for an Director of Nursing (DON) to join the team of an excellent employer based in County Cork.
All candidates MUST be NMBI PIN Holders, currently reside and are eligible to work in Ireland and have previous experience working within a residential home.
About the role: The person will be responsible to direct & coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish & maintain a standard of residential care & activities in accordance with the best national & international practices while maintaining the standard as set out by the organisation.
Salary: This organisation offers a competitive salary.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards.
- Establish and maintain a residential setting where residents are supported and valued every day.
- Be proactive in ensuring that complaints are managed effectively at local level to minimise escalation and maintain high standards of resident satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered and hold an active PIN.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people
- 3 years experience in a management capacity.
- 3 years experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last 6 years.
- 6 years post-registration nursing experience.
Job Type: Full-time