Website Hollilander Recruitment
We are actively hiring for an Clinical Nurse Manager to join the team of an excellent employer based in County Cork.
All candidates MUST be NMIB PIN Holders, currently reside and are eligible to work in Ireland and have previous experience working within a residential home.
Our client is an award winning nursing home/care centre that provides residential care to their residents in County Cork. This establishment aims to promote quality of life and independence through both a professional and friendly service.
A full-time staff nurse works 7 * 12 hour shifts per fortnight, including Day and Night duty.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Care, Operations Manager and Registered Provider and be a positive ambassador for not only the organisation but the residents, management and staff members.
- Implement and lead change with reference to HIQA standards.
- Deal with any issue that may develop at work by exercising leadership, ingenuity, and inventiveness.
- Perform and oversee audits of all facets of nursing care, such as medication administration and error detection, daily spot checks of all check lists used by nursing and care assistant staff (such as shower/linen, restraint release, falls mats/falls beam, equipment, and other check lists as necessary).
- Liaise with other medical professionals in a structured, effective and professional manner and encourage co-ordination, co-operation & liaison across multidisciplinary teams and programmes.
- Welcome, oversee, and monitor the arrival of new residents.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care needed to address the resident’s physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs in accordance with the resident themselves.
- Offer guidance, support, motivation, monitoring, and evaluation of staff performance to care and nursing staff in all areas, including orientation of new hires, training and development of care staff, organising and coordination of their activities.
- Identify, develop, and deliver education, training, and development opportunities for all staff.
- Play a central role in maintaining a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Participate actively in daily resident hand-overs to ensure great communication is maintained among all staff members responsible for caring for residents.
- Manage shifts, making sure that the right responsibilities are delegated to the nursing and care workers.
Benefits will include:
- Full time contract
- Opportunities for overtime and extra shifts
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Wellbeing programme in place
- Staff engagement programmes
- Multicultural and diverse team with more than 8 nationalities
- Meals at a discounted rate
- On site parking
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bike to work scheme
- Education reimbursement
- Refer a Friend bonus
- Induction training programme
- Additional trainings and courses for the staff
- Manual Handling, Fire Training, Dementia Training, Responsive Behaviour training on site (and many more)
- Open door policy in place providing support and assistance to all our staff members at any time
- Career progression opportunities
- NMBI PIN Holder is essential
- Residing and Eligible to work in Ireland is essential
- Have the right to work in Ireland (only essential for non-EU candidates)
- Candidates coming from overseas are required to provide their OET/IELTS results, this is essential.
- Willing to relocate to Cork is essential.
- Experience working in nursing homes essential for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €23.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location