Hollilander Recruitment is a Healthcare staffing agency and recruits Nurses and Healthcare assistants for Nursing homes and Private Hospitals.
Currently we are looking for a candidate to work as an an Occupational Therapist for a permanent full-time role within a fantastic Mental Health Service facility.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to play an integral and active role in a friendly, dynamic and supportive Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the area of rehabilitation.
This employer offers a competitive package and the salary will be aligned to the 2021 HSE Consolidated Pay Scale for Occupational Therapist.
The Occupational Therapist will work with residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs.
The post of Occupational Therapist is a pivotal post with responsibility to lead and manage an Occupational Therapy caseload at a well established organisation in South Dublin, County Dublin.
As Occupational Therapist s/he will have overall responsibility
- Provide Occupational Therapy Services within a legally compliant framework.
- Ensure that the highest standard of clinical care in Occupational Therapy is planned and delivered and meet targets and objectives in line with local and national standards.
- Efficient, effective and economic provision of Occupational Therapy Services within a defined budgetary framework.
- Coordinate and supervise peer-support worker activities.
- Be an active member of the Clinical Governance Committee and to assist in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans for the establishment.
- Foster the continued development of research for the establishment.
- Provision of teaching, research and academic support at a senior level as developed at associated educational facilities, e.g. Trinity College Dublin.
- As Occupational Therapist s/he will be required to contribute strategically on issues pertaining to the Management of the organisations health services’ while being mindful of the History, Mission, and Quaker ethos of the establishment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment/intervention programmes for residents according to professional standards.
- Collaboration with resident, family, carers and other staff in goal setting and treatment/intervention planning.
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary/healthcare team and work in co-operation and collaboration with team members.
- Maintain comprehensive clinical records of assessments, interventions carried out and discussions relating to residents.
- Manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student therapists and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be registered on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Hold a degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification and be eligible for membership with the AOTI.
- Have some post qualification clinical experience.
- Have established clinical experience in the area of mental health rehabilitation, serious and enduring mental health conditions or cognitive rehabilitation in area of ABI.
- Energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
- Strong ability to teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student therapists and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
We want to highlight this organisation offers a competitive package.
Our benefits include:
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Bloom Together employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent